When it comes to doing business in another country, Australia is definitely one of the best places with a lot of potentials. With the growth, innovation and workforce of the country together with the transparency and well-regulated and well-sustained business environment, a number of business people have been struggling do business in Australia. If you’re one of those who want to do business and migrate to the country, here are some of the visa options you may apply for:
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (subclass 188)
This visa type allows you to manage a business in Australia, conduct business and investment activities in Australia, and also undertake entrepreneurial activity within the country. This type of visa may be made permanent after many requirements and involves four streams:
- Business Innovation Stream which allows business people to manage and develop an existing business inside the country.
- Investor Stream for those who will make a business investment in the country of at least AU$1.5million while maintaining business and investment activities.
- Significant Investor Stream for those who make complying significant investments of at least AU$1.5million and maintain business and investment activities.
- Premium Investor Stream for those who make complying premium investments of at least AU$1.5million and maintain business and investment activities.
- Business Talent (Permanent) (subclass 132)
This visa type allows you to establish a new business or develop an existing business in Australia. This visa has two streams you may choose which are the Significant Business History stream and the Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream. You must have a net business and personal assets of at least AU$1.5million to qualify for this visa and an annual business turnover of at least AUD3 million if you intend to apply for the visa in the Significant Business History stream. If you intend to apply for the visa in the Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream, you need at least AUD1 million in venture capital funding.
- Investor Retirement (subclass 405)
This visa type allows you to live in Australia if you are 55 years old and above. It is for self-funded retirees who have no dependents other than your partner. You may apply for this visa if you meet the income requirements and are able to make a significant long term financial investment in Australia. This is only a temporary visa and you may also include your spouse when during your application for the visa type.