Improve your Job search results
Duration: 3x Full days 10:00am to 3:00pm
Build your confidence for interviews.
Present yourself, as a confident, capable job seeker
to give yourself the best chance of securing the role!
Venue – Melbourne
Career of the Day
450 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
This workshop covers the essentials of interview preparation for those returning to work or looking to start a new career. Build your confidence for interviews. Present yourself, as a confident, capable job seeker to give yourself the best chance of securing the role!
Workshop Outline: (3 x Full days 10:00am to 3:00pm)
- Introduction – WIIFM
- What’s in it for me? Participants to share what they would like to get out of the 3 day workshop
- Building Confidence
- Group discussion on what may affect one’s confidence. Participants will then learn techniques/skills to build confidence and promote a positive mindset
- First Impressions
- Participants to provide positive first impressions of each other. This exercise is aimed at changing mindset and promoting the skill to think and seek positive views.
Getting job ready! Job seekers will be taught how to choose and shop for interview appropriate clothes. Participants will have the opportunity to buy an item of clothing that will help complete their look. (Or have a hair/make up restyle). Note: This is included in course fee.
- Your Entrance and body language
- Small things make a big difference! Participants come in dressed in their interview outfit and practice making a positive entrance using positive body language.
- 3 keys to a memorable handshake
- Unlearn to learn. A handshake is the only physical contact we should have with business associates and acquaintance. Learn how the politicians do it and do it better!
- Interview Q&A
- Group session – tips and techniques for answering interview questions.
- Moving Forward
- Group session – discussion/sharing session. What are your next steps? Participants will be coached on taking the next step to move forward in securing a job!