Our client, a leading home hardware retailer based in Shepparton, is seeking a retail buyer to support their fast growing business. This position is a newly created position which will report directly to Managing Director.
The salary range is $60,000 – $65,000 per year.
The application will close on 16/09/2016.
- Research emerging trends within the local and international market
- Analyse consumer buying patterns and predicate future trends to determine quantity, style and quality of goods to be purchased.
- Regularly monitor sales data and stock levels.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers for future goods.
- Negotiate with various suppliers on product pricing, cost of freight and payment terms.
- Write reports and forecast sales levels.
- Present new ranges to senior managers.
- Liaise with management on long-term planning and sales promotions.
- Attend trade fairs, in Australia and overseas, to select and assemble a new collection of products.
- Participate in promotional activities.
- Liaise with shop personnel to ensure goods meet demand.
- Seek merchandise feedback from customers.
- Ensure that PR and campaign samples are received within an allocated timeframe.
- Train and mentor junior staff members.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role, overseas experience will be considered
- Relative Degree will be desirable
- Self-starter, creative thinker, problem solver
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, scheduling and organisational skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritise/handle multiple tasks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluency in Chinese languages preferred, as products are required direct from China
This is a newly created position, the company demand someone with experience who is competent, enthusiastic, and will push the company to new marketing heights.
Interested applicants should include a cover letter addressing the qualities listed above, as well as your current CV, emailed to email@example.com