Our client is a leading retailer based in Shepparton which is growing fast in the recent years. The company is seeking an Importer to expand their market share with importing products from China Market.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to plan and develop the logistics strategy and contribute to the planning of budgets and production forecasts.
The salary range is $55,000 – $60,000. This application will close 07/09/2017.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and implement the products from China Market, and identify improvement opportunities in logistics cost and performance
- Serve as a bridge of communication with internal and external customers to expedite shipment scheduling and ensure timely deliveries.
- Coordinate with all the supply chain participants, the efficient movement of products, including Order Management, Production, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Finance.
- Plan, schedule, and prepare shipments – provide freight forwarders handling instructions for appropriate transportation, letters of credit, marking, labeling, packaging, handling, equipment requirements, etc.
- Prepare and execute export documentation in compliance with import regulations.
- Prepare proforma invoicing and commercial invoices, shipper’s letter of instructions (SLI), country of origin (COO), and other export-related documents.
- Review letters of credit.
- Take proper actions to solve any issues that could impact shipment schedules.
- Resolve problems related to orders; including order hold releases, back-ordered issues, item discrepancies, and customs clearance issues.
- Work in combination with Finances area to audit freight invoices for accuracy and obtain the resolution on any discrepant charges.
- Assist vendor material movements at critical periods to ensure service and cost goals are obtained.
- Build long-term relationships with external customers and ensure their satisfaction with the products and services
- Global logistics support skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient Mandarin speaking and written skills is highly desired
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Great communicator
- Creativity, planning, and organising are your strongest points
- Willing to travel
Interested applicants should include a cover letter addressing the qualities listed above, as well as your current CV, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org