Migrate to Australia with Family Visa Options

There are many reasons why people migrate to other countries. Some of these may be due to their jobs; others may be in order to have a better quality of life and many more. While in another country, some may feel that they need their families and relatives close by in order for them to feel fulfilled and Australia recognises this, which is why Australia offers these family visa options. Please note that for some visas, the Balance of Family Test will apply, assessing that there are more family members in Australia than any other country for the applicant.


Parent Visa

With this type of visa, you will be able to be with your children or stepchildren who are Australian citizens, settled permanent resident, or settled eligible New Zealand citizens. This visa will allow you to permanently migrate to Australia and be with your children.


Aged Parent Visa

This type of visa is similar to the Parent Visa but you need to be at the age qualified for the Aged Pension in Australia.


Partner Visa (onshore)

This is for married couples who are located inside Australia during the time of their application. This lets one of the couple to migrate to Australia whether they are a married partner, a de facto partner, or same-sex partner as long as their other half is an Australian citizen/PR.


Partner Visa (offshore)

Compared to the onshore Partner Visa, this is for those who are located outside Australia during their application. A provisional visa is usually given out first before the permanent visa.


Child Visa

This visa lets your child join you in Australia if you are an Australian citizen, settled permanent resident, or settled eligible New Zealand citizen. The child must be below 18 years old in order for you to sponsor them and apply for their visa.


Carer Visa

If you have a relative in Australia which needs your care due to a long-term or permanent medical condition, this type of visa allows you to move to Australia in order to do so. This also covers those who will only assist a relative in Australia who will care for a family member with a long-term or permanent medical condition.


Remaining Relative Visa

This visa is for those whose only remaining relatives are those who live in Australia. It will allow the person to migrate to Australia to be their remaining relatives as long as they are the brother, sister, child or step equivalent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled and usually resident in Australia.
To explore your family visa options, feel free to contact us today for a FREE consultation.